Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Post

I have always enjoyed writing, but writing isn't something I do regularly. It's always been something I thought about doing, or that I wished I set aside more time to do. So enough of that-- here I am, and we'll see how regularly I can get myself here (and writing).

My name is Sarah and I am an undergrad at SVSU, majoring in psychology, minor(ing?) in biology. I work at the Brain Research Lab, where we are training and learning and preparing ourselves for the first research projects. There are many firsts happening in this place-- My first time doing hands-on scientific research and the first research that will be conducted in the lab. We have some new people that just joined us, and a lot of new equipment. Because everything, and everyone, (besides Dr. S who happens to always know what he is doing) is new, it should make for some interesting stories in the days ahead.

I will be working twice a week at the lab, and studying at home, as well as all my other stuff that occupies my time. (Gardening, cooking, knitting, house chores, kid stuff, animals, etc!)

The title of my blog comes from ee cummings
since feeling is first
life is not a paragraph, and death i think is no parenthesis

I am parenthetical in my writing a lot, and perhaps in my thoughts as well.I am fascinated by the way that thinking works, how the mind operates, and the different causes of behaviors. I love the field of psychology, I love science, and I am pretty excited about the road ahead into the mysterious and new world of academia. Grad school is in my near future...

Here goes nothin', eh?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Sarah so glad to see this I can't wait to keep up with you via blogger. I'm loving it already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following you, are you following me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! A fellow blogger! I will be sure to check out your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too shall follow you. Just don't stop short.

    ReplyDelete